Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Issue of the Heart

The following entry is from my sister's post.

Pls visit http://benheartsyou.multiply.com

Christmas is fast approaching, and although it seems to have degenerated into a cliche of materialism, I would like to believe there is still some vestiges of sincere charity and meaningful sacrifice and giving still left.
Believing that, I would like to ask for your help, during these times of crisis, with regards to a crisis that occurs closer to home for me.
My nephew has a heart condition, Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD), which people know as "a hole in the heart". We are currently looking for ways on how to raise funds for his operation which is tentatively scheduled for December 8 of this year. I've only posted this now because my family and I have been praying and hoping all this time that my nephew, Ben, would not have to undergo surgery for his condition. Although we are still clinging to the hope of Ben's VSD closing up on its own, the critical time for the surgery is drawing closer and it would be best to be prepared.
The procedure involves a major surgery, which has been estimated by the doctor to cost more than P400,000 and requires an initial deposit of P120,000.
We aren't asking for much, but any form of support is appreciated, prayers, financial, or emotional support to help us, and Ben, to tide over these difficult times.
Thank you everyone, and please help us to fix Ben's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment