Friday, November 28, 2008

My Son's Operation is on December 8

Upon seeking another doctor's opinion, we have decided to push through Ben-ben's operation on December 8. I would really like to have it delayed for a few more months, years and actually hoping that it would not be needed at all anymore. However, the doctor made me realize the severity of Ben's pulmonary hypertension (which was caused by the "hole" in his heart. We would not be able to reverse the damage it (PAH) has done if his VSD is left untreated. It would just translate to more open heart surgeries - which is really hard to bear. The thought of my son being subjected to such traumatizing procedure already makes me feel weak and scared. However, I understand that this is not the time to succumb to helplessness. I really hope that he recovers fast after a successful operation.

In an hour, I would be going to Ben's doctor again. We would be getting his admission request. He will be subjected to tests and laboratory exams in preparation for his surgery; he will be confined on December 6. We would also know what stuff we need to bring and buy. I know my salary for the next couple of years is already gonna be spoken for after this ordeal..but funny how it seems like the least of my worries right now.

Pray for Ben, and me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment